Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bohemian Waxwings

All winter long I faithfully  kept the bird feeders filled in hopes that I would ketch the Blue Jays, Chickadees or the Bohemian Waxwings or any other bird wintering in this area on camera. I could hear their happy chirping but was never quite ready to take a picture. Only the Sparrows would linger around the feeders and making quite a mess on the ground. While doing my daily poop patrol I could tell that the dogs had welcomed their messy habits.
 
I was just settling in with a book and a cup of tea in the den to day when my eye was caught by something moving through the air. At first I thought it was leaves blowing on the gusting winds, then I realized it was waxwings resting in the Poplars. I grabbed the camera and ventured out into the front yard to get a few shots, being very cautious so as not to scare them off. The noise was something else, deafening my ears.
It's been a few years since we had these birds visiting our yard, and I was glad that this time I was ready to capture them before they all flew away in a flash. 


No comments:

Post a Comment